Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 1

It's Day 1.

I have a terrible headache. I am starting to think my first step for the Master Cleanse should have been to first go through a 12-step program to give up caffeine. Day late, dollar short...

Apparently I am "easing in" to this whole Detox thing for the next three days. I am quite amused at this idea... I'm not so sure that "ease in" in the best way to describe this process.

BLITZ would be more appropriate.

Yesterday I savoring a juicy delicious #2 with grilled onions and no tomatoes... perfectly cooked fries dipped in ketchup (2 at a time of course)... and an ice cold Diet Coke. Today I'm crunching on carrot and celery sticks and contemplating drinking the water they were packaged in for flavor.

Ok, ok, so I may be exaggerating a bit. I am enjoying the juicy delicious fruit and I am appreciating all the water I've been drinking. HOWEVER, be not deceived.

There I was yesterday, pushing around a picture perfect cart of organic goodies all around the grocery store with my head held high with twinkling eyes. I was amped to start this journey of mental and physical discipline. But then I got to the register.

$68.33

"Oh, it's okay..." I thought, "I'm investing in my health!"

So precious... so NAIVE.

Ends up that $68.33 worth of "goodies" will last me a solid couple of days. Really? I lovingly packed all of nature's candy in my cart only to be used like a roll of toilet paper after bad Chinese food... left with nothing but a bio-degradable cardboard roll in the matter of a day. Not that I'm bitter.

Needless to say, I could care less for the beating my bank account is taking. Still, I am finding that I really am excited about taking on this challenge.

There's no doubting that this will be equally (or more so) a mental battle as it will be a physical one. So in a desperate attempt to keep my head in the game, I will be blogging about my journey daily. Take it, digest it (pun intended), and maybe even think I am crazy. But, you may just find yourself planning your own Ash Tuesday...

Let's do this :)

1 comment: