Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day Three - Oh Jay!

Today was my final day of the ease in... orange juice!

It was surprisingly easy, perhaps because I freaking LOVE orange juice. A LOT. My only issues came from smelling all kinds of delicious foods all day. That really has to be the hardest part, and cheating sounds SO good. I had to keep reminding myself of the mental game, mind over matter. I just removed myself from the room and enjoyed a delicious glass of juice

Today was definitely a total high, because I felt so great all day. I've been full of energy, and my headaches? Practically non-existent. I have had a little lingering headache for about an hour, but besides that I was good.

I am also realizing that I am super stoked on my decision to complete the "ease in" portion prior to the lemonade diet. It was so hard to resist the temptation of food, and just the fact that I had fresh fruit juices and a variety of flavors to choose from made all the difference. I feel like I have control over the hunger now, and from here on out I will attempt to have control over my desire for that variety of tastes and flavors. Whats crazy is that the more I learn to deny myself these "needs" the better I feel mentally. I think its because I have always been a very emotional eater, so its as if this process is detoxing my mind as well. Pretty cool.

I went to a bonfire after work, it helped keep my mind off food at home. I swigged my bottle of juice while everyone ate, and felt fine. Then we threw the football around for a while and I wasn't feeling the least bit weak, hungry, or tired. Great fun :)

Tomorrow is my OFFICIAL start day of the Lemonade Diet (dun dun dunnnn). I'm anxious and excited. I was going to mix everything tonight so I didn't have to deal with it in the morning, but read that its important to juice your lemons fresh for each day, otherwise you lose the essential enzymes. I decided to wait to do everything in the morning.

I am going to pre-mix the lemon juice and syrup before I go into work tomorrow. Then when I am ready to drink I will mix the water and cayenne pepper in. I read that the syrup will act as a preservative to the enzymes, so you can pre-juice the lemons for the day and they should have the same effect.

I also read that I won't need to do the SWF (Salt Water Flush) first thing tomorrow morning, because it is my first day on the lemonade diet. Woohoo! I will gladly save it for Friday (dun dun dunnnnnn).

That is all for now. An incredibly successful and somewhat uneventful day if you ask me. I hope this momentum continues!

Goodnight and good juice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment