Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day TWO

Day 2
Already lots of ups and downs...

UP
I went shopping again last night and made myself a tasty little "living food" salad. I cut raw corn on the cob off the husk into a bowl and added raw red bell peppers, raw onion, raw chopped spinach, and a tiny bit of tomato. It was actually really good! The juices from all the fresh veggies tasted like a salad dressing. I ended up not even being able to finish the whole bowl.

DOWN
Yesterday I had a horrible migraine the majority of the day. It started around 9am and got progressively worse as the day went on. I am thinking its the withdrawals from caffeine, as I am quite an avid coffee drinker (especially while I'm at work). After eating my tasty living food medley for dinner, I could hardly keep my eyes open because the pain was so bad. I ended up breaking down and taking two ibuprofen around 9pm. I was in bed by 9:30 and slept solid the whole night. I'm not considering the pain-killers a cheat, for the sole fact that if I wanted to cheat I would've annihilated any type of carb in my sight :)

UP
Woke up this morning migraine free! After getting ready for work I proceeded to peel and juice about 6 oranges, a grip of carrots, and a banana for my "lunch." I made about 32 oz to bring to work, and I am mixing it with a bit of water to make it last.

DOWN
It's approaching 11am and my headache feels like it is creeping back in. I am praying that it won't last long...

UP
Today is my God-Daughter's 5th Birthday. I can't believe she is growing so fast!

DOWN
I can't believe that I decided to start this detox the week of Kelsea's birthday. Someone tell me what on earth I was thinking!? Tonight I'm going to the Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney for dinner with Shauna, Kelsea and their fam... and I have anxiety like you wouldn't believe. I don't know how I am going to sit through an entire dinner surround by savory and delicious foods while I sip on my orange-carrot-banana blend. My stomach is growling just typing about it... oi vey.

UP
I get to go drink some more orange-carrot-banana blend... yay? I am deciding this will be an UP for two reasons:
1) It's all a mental game, I LOVE Orange-carrot-banana blend for lunch!
2) I had to keep with the UP/DOWN/UP/DOWN... theme, and decided it would be best to finish with an UP :)


That's it for now... Day 2 continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment