Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Little Victories

It's the end of Day 2.

Today was hard. First day of a liquid only diet. It's incredible how much you can miss simple luxuries like chewing your food.

But, I still managed to have some little victories today. Went to the Rainforest Cafe for Kelsea's birthday and resisted an urge to try a bite of every plate that was passed by my face. The craziest part was as time went on, I began to realize that I felt satisfied just smelling everything. It was cool not to feel like the food had the upper hand. I felt like yelling "Hell yes, I can do this!"

Little victories.

After my dinner of bottled water at Rainforest Cafe, I went to bible study. It was good, minus the bags of chips and moist and delicious bite sized brownies that so beautifully sat in the middle of the table the whole time. I really considered a few chips... after all I am only "easing in" still... BUT then I reminded myself of that terrible feeling of regret I know I would have, and took another swig of water and passed on the chips and brownies.

Little victories.

I just got home a little bit ago and and juiced about 12 oranges for "lunch" tomorrow. I also made myself a smoothie for dinner using fresh orange juice, banana, blueberries, strawberries, and mango. YUM. It is divine.

I am nervous about the coming days. I am afraid that not having the simple luxury of adding variety to what I eat (or drink) will be the most difficult thing. I am already thinking of ways to add variety to the lemonade "legally." I read somewhere that a girl was having weird reactions to the Cayenne Pepper, so she actually did the detox with little to no Cayenne. I am wondering if I could make some of the lemonade without the Cayenne and freeze it, and have kind of a "Master Cleanse sorbet" ...just a thought.

Anyway, my smoothie is gone, and I should get to bed. Oh, and my headache is barely lingering.

Little victories.

:)

1 comment: